Bruce Gordon was born in Carpenter, Iowa. He attended Waldorf College, the University of Iowa and received a BA and MA degree from the University of Northern Iowa in Art Education. He has earned:
- National Student Award Purchase Award
- Participant in Ducks Unlimited Artist of the Year Competition
- Commissioned Works
- First Place Professional Drawing in 2000 Denver Competition
- Excellence Award Sioux City Art Splash
- Iowa DNR Trout Stamp Award 2014 and 2015
- Best of Show, 2018 Artburst, Orange City, Iowa
-Two of his works were chosen in 2019 for the Iowa DNR's Hunting & Fishing hard cards.
- Currently Over Four Dozen Published Creative Works
His main areas of motivation are wildlife and nature. Bruce is retired after 32 years as an art instructor in the Grundy Center School District, Grundy Center, Iowa. Bruce’s work has been exhibited locally and internationally, including Minnesota, Illinois, Texas, California, and Canada.
Bruce says this about what he does: “I love the pure, uncontaminated beauty of nature and its inhabitants; and I try to enjoy them as often as possible. I feel compelled to visually document these experiences through my art, and for that reason, I create primarily wildlife art.”
“A person needs to have a ‘niche’ in this world, and I enjoy the one I’ve found by combining my experiences in nature with the process of creating wildlife art.”
Send a Message to Bruce!